Clint Maun, CSP
In his excellent book, “Get The Best From Yourself”, Nido Qubein lists 10 important reasons to set goals. They are as follows:
- Goals give you something to work for – a purpose and direction.
- Goals give you the best reason for not procrastinating.
- Goals help you to concentrate all your energies with a specific chosen direction.
- Goals help you build enthusiasm.
- Goals help you to be specific with other people who would like to help you.
- Goals help you save time for yourself and for others in your life.
- Goals help you to make and save money.
- Goals help you to keep in perspective what really matters.
- Goals give you a standard against which to measure your effectiveness as a person
- Goals provide a foundation for setting new goals – they help you to keep reaching out.
With these 10 good reasons, don’t you think you too should have goals?