Clint Maun, CSP
Robert Louis Stevenson had 12 points which made up his personal creed for daily living. They were as follows:
- Make up your mind to be happy. Learn to find pleasure in simple things.
- Make the best of your circumstances. The trick in life is to make the laughter outweigh the fears.
- Don't take yourself too seriously.
- You can't please everybody. Don't let criticism worry you.
- Don't let your neighbor set your standards -- be yourself.
- Do the things you enjoy doing, but stay out of debt.
- Don't borrow trouble. Imaginary things are harder to bear than the actual ones.
- Since hate poisons the soul, don't cherish grudges. Avoid people who make you unhappy.
- Have many interests. If you can't travel, read about new places.
- Don't spend your life brooding over sorrows and mistakes.
- Do what you can for those less fortunate than yourself.
- Keep busy at something. A very busy person never has time to be unhappy.
I don't know about you buy these 12 have a lot of potential for being part of my daily list. Have you developed your list?